With 4 days left to vote – the following are still in the Top 10 and fighting for the title “The Course of the Year 2010″ (randomized order): World Cup Final in France, the Norwegian Champs Long, OTomne en Savoie, WOC Long Final, EYOC Long, Jukola, Finnish Champs Middle Final, JWOC Sprint Final, WOC Sprint Qual and Temptation Island. If you have not yet votes – do so today!
By voting you can influence who wins “The Course of the Year 2010″ – and as a bonus win great prizes from our sponsors Trimtex and sun-o.com (see below). The last chance to vote is Monday November 22nd – submit your vote already today!
Voting is done by setting up your “Top 5 List” based on the 60 nominated maps. Based on all the submitted “Top 5 Lists”, the best course in 2010 is found using a simple forumla: For each 1st spot in a “Top 5 List”, a course gets 100 points, 70 points for each 2nd spot, 50 points for each 3rd spot, 30 points for each 4th spot and 10 points for each 5th spot.
Top 10 after 4 days in randomized order
Overall Top 10: World Cup France 2010, W21
Overall Top 10: Norwegian Champs Long H21 2010
Overall Top 10: OTomne en Savoie Day 1
Overall Top 10: WOC 2010 Long Final Men
Overall Top 10: EYOC 2010 Long
Overall Top 10: Jukola 2010
Overall Top 10: Finnish Champs Middle 2010 – Final
Overall Top 10: JWOC 2010 Sprint – M20 with routes
Overall Top 10: WC Final Sprint 2010 – Men Part 1
Overall Top 10: Temptation Island
The following are the rules for the voting in “The course of the Year 2010″:
- The ‘Course of the Year 2010′ will be found based on summing all the votes. For each course being set on the top of a ‘Top 5 List’, 100 points are awarded to this course. For each course being set as number 2, 70 points are awarded, and so on with 50, 30 and 10 points for the next spots on the list down to number 5.
- You are only allowed to vote once (if several people share one internet connection, only one can vote, as the IP address is used to identify the voter along with the email-address of the voter).
- Among all people voting and submitting suggestions, a minimum of 10 prizes from our sponsors will be drawn. See below for the prizes.
Prizes from our Sponsors
Prizes from our Sponsors always makes it more fun! There will be a prize for the course setter in “The course of the Year 2010″, a price for the first one suggesting the course which ends up becoming “The course of the Year 2010″, and finally prizes drawn among all suggesting and voting.
Sponsors for “The course of the Year 2010″:
- Trimtex sponsors “The course of the year 2010″ with 10 prizes. More information about the prizes to come. Trimtex Sport make technical team wear for athletes in clubs and companies. Trimtex’s products are world-leading within function, design and quality, whether it’s for cycling, running, skiing or orienteering.
- sun-o.com sponsors “The course of the year 2010″ with a voucher for a 2011 Sun-O Camp, value of 150 Euro. Sun-o offers orienteering travel-packages in Spain and Portugal, combining high quality terrains and varied O-maps, in regions with rich culture and sunny climate – organizing your O-holidays from from start to finish.
- For the record: All sponsor gifts/income related to “The Best Course of 2010″ goes directly to the WorldofO.com readers.