New year – new rules – more fun! The World Cup starts the following Thursday at the Nordic Orienteering Tour, and it is now time to set up your own Team of Elite Runners, and follow them through this years World Cup. The WoO Fantasy World Cup is a ‘for-fun’ manager-type competition where you can set up a World Cup Team consisting of 10 runners (either men, women or a mix), and get points according to their performance. New in 2011! Your team must contain two runners outside the ‘Red group’ – thus giving room for some more tactics.
- Set up your Fantasy World Cup team here – last chance ahead of the first World Cup race is Thursday June 16th 09:00 CET.
- Participants in Nordic Orienteering Tour 2010 (see also this overview article with all the starters who are within the Top 100 on the WRE list)
- Results WoO Fantasy World Cup 2010
Disclaimer! This is a very experimental ‘for-fun’ service, and errors may (and will) occur. Only runners who were top 500 on the World Ranking as of June 15th are to be included on your team. The red group is defined by runners who were inside the Top 50 on the World Ranking as of June 15th. Take it for what it is, and have fun with it!
Choose a Team consisting of 10 runners (you can choose arbitrary number of men/women).
Points are calculated in the following way:
- For each World Cup race, your score is calculated as the World Cup points of the 10 runners in your team
- Your 8 best total sums of the 10 World Cup races count in the total figure
- You may drag as many runners over to your team in the right column as you want, but only the 10 topmost runners count in your sum
- Of the top 10 in your list, 2 runners must be outside the red group, i.e. marked with **. If you have no runners outside the red group in your team, only the 8 first on the list will give you points. The red group was defined as runners inside the Top 50 on the World Ranking event as of June 15th 2011. Runners in the red group may change during the season. If changes to the ‘Red group’ are made, this will be announced via e-mail.
- Bonus: In each World Cup race, you get a bonus of 50% of the points for the runner who is on the top of your team-list. Another 25% bonus for the runner on second place on your team-list, and yet another 10% bonus for the runner who is number three on your team-list
- You can change which runners are in your team between each race
- Last chance to change your team ahead of each World Cup race is given in the overview table here.
- Note! This is a very experimental ‘for-fun’ service, and errors may (and will) occur.
- Calculation of points will be done after each World Cup round – but you may change your team ahead of each competition.
Below you see the participants for NORT 2011 (as of June 14th 22:00 CET) compared to the Top 100 World Ranking list. As you see, many top names are missing – but there will still be a tough fight for the top positions. According to the NORT webpage, in the mens class all the top 10 runners from last year are coming this year. In the ladies 7 of the top 10 are going to fight about the prize money.