10MILA countdown: Two days left until one of the main highlights of the spring season for an orienteer: 10MILA. World of O will of course follow 10Mila all night on the LiveBlog – I hope to see many of you there!
As always in 10Mila, the women run 5 legs and the men run 10 legs. The women run from 5.7 km (third leg, ungaffled) to 10.9 km (last leg). All legs except for the third leg are gaffled. The men run from 6.9 km (7th leg, ungaffled) to 17.8 km (last leg, gaffled). All legs except for the 4th leg (”Långa natten” – the long night) and the 7th leg are ungaffled. The 5 first leg are run in darkness – the 6th and 7th in dawn, and the three last legs in daylight.
All you need to know
- Set up your 10Mila 2012 Tip here: Top 6 Men & Women – last year with more than 300 tips!
- 10Mila startlist
- 10Mila runner order (see also discussions on orienterare.nu as not all teams have posted official running order yet)
- 10Mila videos: Get in the 10Mila mood!
- Results 2011 men – women
- 10Mila 2012 webpage
- 10Mila 2011 WorldofO LiveBlog (coming)
- 10Mila Android & iPhone Apps
- Start times: Women’s relay:14:15. Men’s relay:21:30
Old map over part of 10Mila 2012 areaOld map over part of 10Mila 2012 area in RunOway (original link to map died) Old map in 2DRerun (blank) – use this to prepare legs(Note! Please help test the new direct Garmin-watch-upload functionality in 2D/3DRerun – you must log in to test) Old map in 2DRerun with a sample course and some legs
- Sample training on 10Mila 2012 neighbour map
- Online Web-TV (costs 100 SEK)
- Live GPS tracking will probably (as usually) only be available via Web TV (and not in GPSSeuranta) during the event – full tracking is usually made public after the event. However, more runners than earlier should be tracked this year – so we hope that the WebTV broadcast will be even more exciting than earlier!
- PM – Up-to-date race information
- Replay of LiveBlog 2011, replay of LiveBlog 2010 and LiveBlog 2009. From the 2010 edition; Thierry Gueorgiou: - It feels good. We have been so frustrated so many years. Now it feels really good. There is no better feeling than running in front. It just felt like an easy training on a Sunday morning. This year we were very well prepared. It is one of the last goals of my career. So now it is only left the long distance at the WOC.
- Replay of GPS tracking 10Mila 2010