Lots of sponsor prizes to be given away! A big thank you all for voting and nominating courses for “Course of the Year 2017″ – in the end WOC Middle 2017 won the “Course of the Year 2017″ overall. Read on to see if YOU won a prize as a “Lucky voter” this year.
Below in the sponsor section the winners for each sponsor prize are listed and marked in red. All prizes are transferable to other persons (you don’t have to travel yourself).
All winners will receive an e-mail with information about how to claim the prize to the e-mail address given when voting/nominating within the end of the week. If you are listed as a winner and do not receive an e-mail – please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To all winners: Please try to bring as many friends as possible to the event you won a prize for – that will make the sponsors happy!
Without the sponsors, “Course of the Year 2017″ would not be possible at this level. So a big thanks to the sponsors.
See also the following articles from “Course of the Year 2017″:
- Course of the Year 2017: WOC Middle
- Intro article: Submit your suggestions to “Course of the Year 2017″
- Interview Marianne Andersen
- Interview Oleksandr Kratov
- Interview with Vojtech Kral
- Interview with Florian Howald
- Interview with Frederic Tranchand
- Interview Emily Kemp
- Invterview Elena Roos
- Article: Last chance to add suggestion
Event sponsor: Latvia O-week 2018. August 3rd – 12th 2018
- Prize offered: Competition package for 2 persons – including entry to 6 races (two sprints in Riga, two middle distances in city Sigulda, a long distance in Sigulda and a long distance in Ādaži), 9 nights accommodation during World Orienteering Championships for 2 person in fully serviced apartment (from 4th to 11th of August, 2018). Value about 900 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- We invite you to the World Orienteering Championships 2018 and Latvia O-week! Latvia O-Week is the WOC2018 Spectator race, a six days long orienteering adventure in Latvia. Discover Latvia for yourself: It is a small pearl of the Baltic countries where you will be able to enjoy a very special flavour of orienteering in the cultural, architectural and historical aura of Riga and Sigulda. 2018 is the year of Latvia’s 100th anniversary. Special preparations for this occasion are on-going in Latvia, and LATVIA O-Week will be among the centenary celebration events. The participants of LATVIA O-WEEK will be the lucky ones to explore orienteering areas similar to those anticipated at the WMOC. More information at http://www.woc2018.lv/o-week/.
- Winner: Tamas Barany
Event sponsor: MOC Training Camp + MOC Championships, Catalunya. February 18th – 25th 2018
- Prize offered: Package for 2 people consisting of accommodation and entry fee for MOC Training Camp and MOC Championship 18th-25th February 2018. Value 900 Euro. Transferrable to other persons.
- A great combination of the 6th MOC Sprint Camp (18th to 23rd February 2018) and XIV edition of MOC Mediterranean Open Championship Orienteering (23rd to 25th of February 2018). The camp inlcudes 8 organized set of trainings + seminars. Head coach: Emil Wingstedt. Lectures by Emil Wingstedt and Tim Robertson. The Championship includes 3 races in Tarragona.
- Winner: Olena Fedorova
Software sponsor: OCAD Orienteering 12
- Prize offered: One licence for the software “OCAD Orienteering 12″. Value about 590 Euro. Transferable to other person (before activation).
- More information: OCAD 12 Orienteering – Perfect to Produce Orienteering Maps. This edition is dedicated for orienteering map making with a step-by-step wizard for analyzing of LiDAR data, mobile geodata capturing, smart editing and drawing tools, generalization tools, desktop publishing, course setting and much more. Read more at ocad.com.
- Winner: Daniel Roos
Event sponsor: Andalucia O-Meeting 2018 + Training package. February 26th – March 4th
- Prize offered: AOM Competition Package – including entry to 5 events (night, prologue, middle, sprint, long), 5 nights accommodation in Apartamentos Leo and a 6-map package to train before or after the event. Value about 455 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- 2 WRE’s in sweet terrains and maps, a friendly atmosphere and mild climate! More info at andaluciaomeeting.com
- Winner: Prosciuttina Amorosa
Event sponsor: Wawel Cup 2018. July 4th – 8th 2018
- Prize offered: 2 packages – each for 2 people – consisting of entry to full Wawel Cup 37th edition + accommodation in hotel + Wawel Cup T-shirt. Value about 400 euro. Transferable to other persons.
- After a couple of years, Wawel Cup is back in rocky terrains. Wawel Cup 37 comprises the biggest rocks in Jura (Poland), the possibility of seeing the medieval castles and beautiful surrounding nature! And foremost challenging terrains and orienteering… on the highest level. Together we will make it a real worldwide orienteering running feast!
- Lidia Piwowar
Event sponsor: PIOM 2018. February 17th – 18th 2018
- Prize offered: 4 packages – each for 2 persons – transferable to other person. Consisting of complete entry to PIOM 2018 – 3 official races (Middle, night sprint and Long WRE) + 2 model events + lunches at the Arena during 2 competition days. Value about 340 EUR.
- PIOM 2018 will be organized the third Orienteering Weekend in Portugal during the winter time with one WRE Long Distance stage, just 3 days after POM 2018. February in Portugal is considered by many as the official opening of the competition season for its high quality organization and for receiving the top runners of the world. We expect to have more than 1000 runners. Besides some new areas, updated cartography, challenging terrains and courses, you’ll be able to experience the rich gastronomy, as the famous cheese, olive oil and honey (considered among the best in the world). Have a chance to enjoy the friendship of locals and explore the beautiful and untouched nature. The WRE day will be the long distance on 18th Feb. More at http://eventos.coc.pt/piom2018/en/
- Alessio Tenani
- Albin Ridefelt
- Isabel Saraiva
- Tomas Sokol
Event sponsor: WOC 2019 spectator races. August 12th – 18th 2019
- Prize offered: ’Competition Package for 2 persons – including entry to all spectator events during WOC 2019 south of Oslo, Norway. Value estimated to at least 275 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- Beautiful terrain and great maps with world championships atmosphere – follow the stars and run in the same beautiful area! Be among the first who are officially ready for WOC 2019. More info to come at woc2019.no
- Winner: Alastair Thomas
Event sponsor: Easter4 2018. March 30th – April 2nd 2018
- Prize offered: One package for 2 people – consisting of: Entry for the Easter4 competition on the Cres island, Croatia + accommodation in pension (B&B). Value about 250 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- In 2018 Easter4 moves to Cres island, Croatia. The race will again be organized by the same team and quality standard as you might be used from Lipica open, OOcup and Bubo cup. Beautiful terrain of ancient Tramuntana forest will satisfy even the pickiest among orienteering enthusiasts. More at easter4.com.
- Winner: Lada Semrad
Event sponsor: Bubo Cup. July 10th – 14th 2018
- Prize offered: 2 packages, each for 2 people consisting of entries for all 4 days of Bubo Cup 2018, Bubo Cup event T-shirt and training map for each. Value about 250 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- More information: After 3 years on Cres island, Bubo cup is coming back to Slovenia where it was originally started. The concept remains the same; high quality orienteering very close to the Adriatic coast & early morning starts to let the participants enjoy the sun and the sea after the competitions. Read more at bubocup.com.
- Tobia Pezzati
- Paula Scampos
Event sponsor: Bergen Sprint Camp 2018. March 16th – 18th 2018
- Prize offered: Package for 2 people consisting of free start for all 4 high quality sprint competitions March 16th – 18th 2017 + dinner + swimming. Value about 210 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- More information: For the 8th time, BSC is held in the city center of Bergen, Norway – established as one of the best sprint weekends organized, with several top WOC runners using it as part of their preparations. This time the camp is moved to March. We provide all participants with challenging courses, good maps and interesting analysis of the sessions – hoping to improve the sprint orienteering technique for everyone. See more at Sprint-Camp.blogspot.no – including all courses and analysis from previous editions of BSC.
- Winner: Andreas H Boesen