Check here if you won any of the prizes worth nearly 4000 Euros in total in your voting for “The Orienteering Achievement of 2012″! The top prize from our most valued sponsor Sardinia Five + Five is a package for 2 people which includes two weeks of accommodation in hotel B&B by PWT Italy along with entry fee for Sardinia Five +Five. Other great prizes are sponsored by Danish Spring, Kopaonik Open, OOCup, Croatia Open, Sprint The Bay, Portugal O-Meeting!
In addition three of the websites who helped spread the news about the poll have been awarded with free ads. Check below if you took home one of the prizes! The athletes winning “The Orienteering Achievement of the Year 2012″ will be published tomorrow. The nominated runners – and stories about why they were nominated – can be found here.
Thanks to sponsors and voters
Before announcing the prize winners, I would like to thank all of you for voting – in total more than 4500 unique votes were given this year – 50% more votes than last year – making the results very representative for the orienteering community. We would also like to thank Sardinia Five +Five, Danish Spring, Kopaonik Open, OOCup, Croatia Open, Sprint The Bay and Portugal O-Meeting warmly for sponsoring “The Orienteering Achievement of 2012″. Thanks to the sponsors World of O was able to draw lucky prize winners among those who voted in this years election.
Prize winners will be contacted by e-mail (but please contact Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are listed as a winner but did not receive an email).
Main sponsor: Sardinia Five + Five 2013- September 30th – October 10th 2013
Winner: Jesper Jissbacke
- Prize offered: Package for 2 people consisting of entry fee for Sardinia Five+Five and 2 weeks accommodation in hotel B&B by PWT Italy – value about 2.000 euro
- Follow the Sun: 10 days of orienteering in beautiful Sardinia. – We have found a fantastic place at the small and picturesque city of Stintino, approximately 45 minutes driving north of Alghero airport. The wonderful beach La Pelosa (on the world’s top 10 list of best beaches) is also less than 2 km from our event center at Cala Rosa Club Hotel. More at Sardinia Five+Five webpage
Event sponsor: Danish Spring 2013- March 16th-17th 2013
Winner: Jonas Mathys
- Prize offered: Package for 2 people consisting of start in all 3 races with accommodation 2 nights in double room at 4-star Hotel Hillerød – Total value is around 485 Euro
- Danish Spring takes place north of Copenhagen the 16 – 17 March 2013. It is an international spring premiere for the elite and everyone else, who can’t wait to get back in the woods after a long winter. Danish Spring is an intense weekend with one individual WRE mass start, one night relay and one day relay. See more at Danishspring.dk.
Event sponsor: Kopaonik Open – July 16th-21st 2013
Winner: Liliana Oliveira
- Prize offered: Event package for 3 persons containing entry, accommodation (in four bed studios or apartments, from Monday 15th- Sunday 21st og July), training, event T-shirt and participation in organized hiking tours with guide.
- Already for the 12th time in a row, “Kopaonik open 2013″ orienteering international championships will be held on Kopaonik, from 16th to 21st of July. For 6 competition days we have prepared 6 stages on 6 new maps. Come and enjoy orienteering on this “mountain of sun”. See more at the Kopaonik Open webpage.
Event sponsor: Croatia Open 2013 – July 23rd-28th 2013
Winner: Urs Bischof
- Prize offered: “Family” package consisting of entry, accommodation and training package for 4 persons (5 competitions, 4 trainings in training package, accommodation in sport hall)
- Croatia Open is a 5 day orienteering race – offering you different types of terrain from extreme karst to mediteranean and continental terrain. “Croatia open” attracts more than 1000 competitors from 40 countries offering you great orienteering holiday – combining orienteering with holidays on the Adriatic coast. See more at the Croatia Open webpage.
Event sponsor: COCup 2013 – July 26th-30th 2013
Winner: Barbara Schönberger
- Prize offered: “Family” package consisting of entry for 4 persons for the complete OOCup 2013 competition week.
- OOCup is a 5 Day orienteering event organized annually in Slovenia. The event is famous for its Karst orienteering and excellent combination of orienteering and holidays. See more at the OOCup webpage.
Event sponsor: Sprint The Bay 2013 – January 15th-17th 2013
Winner: Zsolt Lenkei
- Prize offered: A package consisting of “2x Full Entries to STB 2013 + 2x Event T-Shirts”
- Dirty D Sprint the Bay is a series of 6 sprint orienteering events (both urban and non-urban) run over 3 days in the lovely sunny Hawkes Bay in New Zealand. Sprint the Bay 2013 is an official supporting event of the World Cup/Oceania Carnival. See more at the STB 2013 webpage
Event sponsor: POM 2013- February 9th – 12th 2013
Winner: Anker Møller and Milos Nykodym
- Prize offered: 2 packages, each consisting of entry fee + official dinner for 2 persons for complete POM 2013 (4 Days, 2 Model events, 2 Sprints and one official dinner)
- The Portugal “O” Meeting has become the international season opener for the world elite and hundreds of other orienteers spending a week or two in the Portugal in February and March. See more info at the POM 2013 webpage.
Websites linking to “The Orienteering Achievement of 2012
Thanks to all websites that linked to “The Orienteering Achievement of 2012″, we were able to make the election results as representative for the orienteering community as possible. !
As earlier announced, 3 free “Sponsored links” for one month at World of O have been drawn among the websites linking to “The Orienteering Achievement of 2012″. The websites winning are:
The winners of sponsored links are asked to send an email to email@example.com to ask for further details. Note that the sponsored ads must be for orienteering related content!