The Junior World Championships starts with the Sprint Sunday July 3rd at 14:00 CET – and continues with Long distance on Monday, Middle qualification on Wednesday, Middle final on Thursday and Relay on Friday. Expect a lot of interesting route choices in the hilly terrain – above you see one example from one of the old maps of the terrain (at the bottom of this page you can draw your ideal route for this leg in a Webroute).
- JWOC 2011 webpage
- Link for LiveBlog in separate windows
- Mobile version of LiveBlog
- Old maps JWOC 2011: Map 1, map 2, map 3, map 4
The following is the program for JWOC 2011 in Poland:
- 3.07.2011 – Sunday – Sprint 14:00 (no qualification)
- 4.07.2011 – Monday – Long 9:00 (no qualification)
- 6.07.2011 – Wednesday – Middle Qualification 10:00
- 7.07.2011 – Thursday – Middle Final 10:00
- 8.07.2011 – Friday – Relay 10:00
JWOC 2011 Live coverage
The organizers will provide live results from all competitions – you will find the link to the live results at the JWOC page. In addition, there will be a LiveBlog offered by the organizers in cooperation with World of O. The LiveBlog is planned to be live during all stages.
Facts and Course details
Webroute – what would you choose?
This years JWOC terrain makes it possible to make a lot of interesting route choice legs – while the fine orienteering is not the most tricky. The competitors will probably get a lot more tricky legs than the one you see below – but still it might be interesting to find your way to the first control on one of the old JWOC maps….