Get set for an intense and interesting week of orienteering in and around Falun, Sweden. The European Championships kicks of the World Cup season – and with most of the World Orienteering elite in place, this is one of the absolute highlights of the season!
This article will be updated with further information during the EOC week
- Monday May 14th: Qualification middle – Start men from 10:00 CET, Women 11:30 CET
- Tuesday May 15th: Qualification long – Start women from 10:00 CET, Men 11:30 CET
- Wednesday May 16th: Qualification sprint – Start men from 09:30 CET, Women 10:15 CET
- Thursday May 17th: Final middle – Start men from 12:15 CET, Women 14:00 CET
- Friday May 18th: Final long – Start men from 11:15 CET, Women 11:45 CET
- Saturday May 19th: Final sprint – Start men from 13:30 CET, Women 15:00 CET
- Sunday May 20th: Relay – Start men 11:00 CET, Women 13:20 CET
For the individual races, each country can entry 6 competitors, and the defending European champion has the right to start as the seventh one for the nation. There are 3 qualification heats. The competitors placed number 17 and better in each qualification heat are qualified to run the A-final. The competitors placed number 18 and worse in each qualification race heat will run the B-final. See also course lengths for all disciplines here.
In a cooperation with the organizers, World of O offers a runner database with all EOC runners.
Here are maps from the model events:
- EOC Model, middle map, EOC Model, relay map, EOC Model, sprint map
- EOC maps – search in omaps.worldofo.com
Expect excellent live coverage during the events. Every day there will be
- Live results
- Live video streaming (“basic” service for the qualification races, full service for finals)
- Live GPS tracking (only some categories for qualifications, all runners for finals)
Swedish television will be sending live from the EOC in Mora and Falun next week-end. The production will also be provided via their SVT Play internet channel and will be available globally. Links here:
- Middle 17 May 13:10-16:25 CET
- Sprint 19 May 13:20-16:15 CET
- Relay 20 May 11:30-13:00 and 13:50-15:20 CET