Again a bit tricky I guess – parts of the map are characteristic for the country, but you need to look the right places… Can you guess which country this map is from? The WorldofO Christmas O-Quiz gives you one map sample each day from December 1st until December 24th. You get one point for each day you guess the correct country for the map sample – can you make it all the way to 24?
Fill out your name, e-mail address and your guess for the country below! For a given day, only answers given between 05:00 CET and 23:59 CET on that day will be counted in the overall score. That means that even if you fill out the form on a later day, your answer will not be counted… You are only allowed to answer ONCE each day!
Correct answer yesterday: Israel!
More correct answers than I expected – but I can see Israel was difficult for some of you! Stil – good work! Two days left – and none are too easy in my opinion!
- Finally a map from Israel! It’s Beit Keshet, located right near Mount Tabor and Nazareth. The map was used at the second day of the 2010 Israeli Open Champs, and just 2 weeks ago we had a national league event there. I really like it’s varied terrain, and had many nice trainings there. [Guess: Israel. Thanks Idan for the extra info! Good to have some locals answering here…]
- I think I’ve seen this map somewhere before. Never been there but my wild guess is Israel! [Guess: Israel. Excellent wild guess, Tontsa!]
- Home, sweet home [Guess: Israel. Thanks Dan – this was too easy for you:)]
- I did it so quickly,first thought Romania, this was tricky.. :) I’m still sorry for the miss of day 20.. [Guess: Israel. Thanks Radjoni – you got it…]
- This time it was easy. There was a competition on this map 8 dec. and I saw comments about the start point on WoO. Good idea to choose a map from Nazareth in Christmas time! Otherwise had France been a good guess. [Guess: Israel. Thanks Cha, you saw my thoughts here!]
- We could be back in the Mediterranean, in Portugal for instance, altough the sample bears elements which makes you think of some areas near Csakvar in Hungary. But wait, Helle says that those green speckles could very well be cactus she once experienced in Israel! [Guess: Israel. Thanks Tibor, lucky to have some help around!]
- A tricky one! [Guess: Israel. Thanks Gigi – you got it!]
- No so difficult :) [Guess: Israel. Not so difficult if you have seen it before, no Vladyslav…]
- Dijon? [Guess: France. Thanks for the try Damien, but France is way off…]
- One of the first race of my life was in this country. ISF 2000, Hasdod. I couldn’t miss! [Guess: Israel. Thanks Brunic, you got it!]
- Lovly terrain :) [Guess: Turkey. I am sure the terrain is lovely, Ramses, but you’ve got to travel elsewhere than Turkey to find it…]
- Probably the closest map to Chirstmas you can think about it ;-) [Guess: Israel. Thanks Alexey – you saw it as well :)]
- Could be France or Spain as well, but my gut feeling says Israel [Guess: Israel. Your gut feeling was correct again, Yves!]
- First glue was Denmark, because of bushes which looks like those on JWOC 2010 relay map. Germany maybe because of style of stones on map. Don’t know, much options, tried to find map, but can’t. Let’s try with luck. [Guess: Denmark. Sorry Osamoborac, this wasn’t as easy as Croatia for you…]
- It looks so Hebrew it has to be from Israel. [Guess: Israel. Thanks Jokuja – but I don’t understand how you could see it is Hebrew..?]
- Thanks Jan, they’re getting easier :) Thought the green might have been juniper in Hungary, but no. [Guess: Israel. Good work, Clare – I guess easy for you, difficult for others :)]
- One busy day behind me – Austrian skio champs relay – now I can look and my first idea was to South Africa or Israel – EYOC should be in Israel next year but many countries dont want to send delegations there because of political situation. Anyway – its worth to try also Israel. I am thinking what will be the christmas present map – will it be Cayman Island – can you give us a hint which kind of terrain there? [Guess: Israel. You got it again, Wolfgang! No hints about Christmas present map yet, wait and see!]
- Interesting choice Jan, thanks! Anyway it’s clear that this is somewhere in the south so it took not too long time to find it:) [Guess: Israel. Good work, Jurgis!]
- This map looks easy – Hungary of course – but, we have been in Hungary before… And 20 other countries… It looks like Eastern Europe, but we have just a few alternatives left. Therefore, I try France, once again. [Guess: France. Sorry, Trond Ivar, you were not the only one guessing France – but it is wrong…]
Not all of you hit the jackpot on Day 22 – here is the overview over tips: