Christmas present: Check here if you won any of the prizes worth more than 5500 Euros in total in your voting or nomination for “The Orienteering Achievement of 2017″!
Winners of “The Orienteering Achievement of 2017″ were Tove Alexandersson and Thierry Gueorgiou – read more about their fantastic achievements and read interviews with the winners here. Although it is too late to vote now, you can read more about all the nominated athletes at the voting page:
About the prizes for lucky voters
Prizes valued to more than 5500 Euro are drawn among lucky voters & the ones suggesting nominations. The rules are as follows:
- A person can only vote once in each of the categories (if several people share one internet connection, only one can vote, as the IP address is used to identify the voter along with the email-address of the voter).
- Prizes from our sponsors will be drawn among all people voting.
- In addition some sponsor prizes will be drawn among the ones suggesting GOOD nomination texts. Among all really good nomination texts, we will draw one or two of the great sponsor prizes (we had many good nomination texts this year – see the suggestions for nomination-texts here).
- The winners will be made public after the poll closes at World of O.
In addition some websites who helped spread the news about the poll have been awarded with free ads. Check at the bottom of this page if your website took home one of those prizes!
For each sponsor, the winner of event prizes are written in red below. All winners will receive an e-mail with information about how to claim the prize to the e-mail address given when voting/nominating within the end of the week. If you are listed as a winner and do not receive an e-mail – please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To all winners: Please try to bring as many friends as possible to the event you won a prize for – that will make the sponsors happy!
Event sponsor: Five + Five days of Vasto, Italy, October 1st – 14th 2018
- Prize offered: Package for 2 people consisting in accommodation in half pension and entry fee for the week 41 of Five + Five days of Vasto (Italy) – October 2018. Value 1500 euro. Transferable to other persons.
- 10 stages to discover in Vasto, Italy with its extraordinary beautiful sandy beaches! The Event centre is in the town of Vasto, on the seaside, where a program of 10 races in 2 weeks will be discovered, in the best Italian forests and in the nicest historical centres of Italy. Read more at www.orienteering.it and facebook.com/pwtorienteering (Bulletin available from December 15th).
- Winner: Dirk Goossens
Event sponsor: EOC 2018 + EGK Swiss 5-days, May 8th – 13th 2018
- Prize offered: Competition package EGK Swiss 5-days for 2 persons (5 races: 2 long, 2 middle, 1 sprint), 5 nights accommodation in hotel for 2 persons during European Orienteering Championships for (from 8th to 13th of May, 2018). Value about 1200 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- During your stay you can discover the beautiful region of Ticino, with all of its attractions (history, culture, gastronomics, leisure). You are invited as a spectator to watch the European Orienteering Championships 2018, which takes place in the same terrains and dates as the EKG 5-days courses! More information at www.eoc2018.ch.
- Winner: Katrien Leijnen
Event sponsor: Cerkno Cup – 5 days of Slovenia, August 22nd – August 26th 2018
- Prizes offered:
- Entry fee for 4 persons (5 days + TrailO Event + 3 trainings) and hard-floor accommodation. Value about 400 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Entry fee for 2 persons (5 days + TrailO + 3 trainings) and hard-floor accommodation. Value about 200 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Compete 5 days alongside the best runners at South East European Orienteering Championships and taste most of the orienteering flavours you can find in Slovenia – from alpine forests to stony karst! Lake Bled, Julian Alps, Postojna cave and Adriatic sea are just a short drive away … More at http://www.cerkno-cup.com or http://www.seeoc2018.si.
- Winner 4-person pack: Jan Rusin
- Winner 2-person pack: Novai Család (e-mail address missing, nomination via Facebook – please contact me on email@example.com)
Event sponsor: Sprint Scotland, 19th-22nd July 2018
- Prizes offered – 3 complete packages for 2 people each – 6 training sessions + 3 sprint races (WRE) + 3 evening talks + ceilidh + event t-shirt. Total value around 600 Euro (200 Euro per package). Transferable to other persons.
After successful events in 2016 and 2017, Sprint Scotland will again host 4 days of sprint orienteering in Perth and Stirling in Central Scotland. 2 training days followed by a weekend with 3 sprint races, as well as three evening talks and a ceilidh (Scottish traditional dancing). Short travel from Edinburgh and Glasgow. http://sprintscotland.co.uk/
- Magi Llaveria Grau
- Daniel Hajek
- Siegfried Bakelants
Event sponsor: 4th Antalya Orienteering Festival 2018 – 28th October – 4th November
- Prize offered: One Big Antalya O-Meeting package consisting of 1 complete Antalya Orienteering Festival package: Accommodation + Entry for all 6 races for one person. Value about 540 Euro. Transferable to other person.
- Antalya Orienteering Festival will be held for the 3rd time in Side by the Mediterranean coast of Antalya, Turkey. We provide 5 different terrains and challenging courses, good maps and good weather for orienteering holiday. See more at www.antalyaofest.com
- Winner: Kenny Kivikas
Event sponsor: PORTUGAL O’ MEETING (POM) 2018 – February 10th – 13th 2018 – WRE
- Prize offered: 4 packages, each for 2 people of POM 2018 in famous Évora e Portel, consisting of entry fee for the 4 courses of the event (middle + long + middle + long) plus night sprint. Value about 360 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- Expected to reach 3.000 entries, Portugal O Meeting is an huge winter orienteering event that this year the event takes place in Évora, in the the heart of the Alentejo mediterranean landscape, the competition will offer everyone a fantastic chance to do orienteering in UNESCO World Heritage Site and just one hour travel from Lisbon and many sandy beaches. Come and enjoy – it will give you an unforgettable social and human experience, in these lands of sun, history, memory, material and immaterial culture with outstanding mediterranean landscape, delicious regional cuisines, mediterranean tavern snacks and many regional wines. More information: WWW.POM.PT
Event sponsor: Andalucia O-Meeting 2018 Competition Package. March 1st – March 4th
- Prize offered: AOM Competition Package for 2 persons – including entry to 5 events (night, prologue, middle, sprint, long), 3 nights in Hotel Barcelo for 2 persons, half board. Value about 350 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- 2 WRE’s in sweet terrains and maps, a friendly atmosphere and mild climate! More info at andaluciaomeeting.com
- Winner: Julian Bleiker
Event sponsor: OOCup 2018 – France. July 25th – July 29th 2018
- Prize offered: 2 packages – each for 2 people – consisting of: Entry for the complete 5 days OOCup competition plus OOCup 2018 T-shirt for each competitor. Value 325 euro. Transferable to other persons.
- OOCup is an annual 5 Day orienteering event, traditionally organized in Slovenia, but in 2018 OOcup goes fully international and moves to France in 2018. There is good reason for that: Tricky terrain like what we found in the South Jura Mountains (AIN) in France is what OOcup always tries to deliver; ultimate orienteering challenge in beautiful natural surroundings. More at oocup.com.
- Marian B
- Torben Wendler
Event sponsor: Lipica Open 2018. March 10th – 14th 2018
- Prize offered: 2 packages – each for 2 people – consisting of: Entry to complete 5 Day Lipica Open competition + hard floor accommodation. Value about 320 euro. Transferable to other persons.
- Lipica Open is a popular season starter, this time with two stages on brand new maps. Enjoy Slovenian karst terrain already in March. The Kras region offers also excellent conditions for quality training camps. More at www.lipicaopen.com
- Karin Leonhardt
- João Mega Figueiredo
Pages linking to the poll
Pages linking to the poll for “Orienteering Achievement of the Year” are important for spreading the news about the great achievement of the nominees. This year as always some prizes are drawn among the websites linking:
Each of these pages have the right to get a free “Sponsored Link” for a month at World of O for an orienteering related race/product/cause. Please contact Jan Kocbach at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.