Early Christmas present: Check here if you won any of the prizes worth more than 5500 Euros in total in your voting or nomination for “The Orienteering Achievement of 2018″!
For each sponsor, the winner of event prizes are written in red below. All winners will receive an e-mail with information about how to claim the prize to the e-mail address given when voting/nominating within the end of the week. If you are listed as a winner and do not receive an e-mail – please contact me at email@example.com. To all winners: Please try to bring as many friends as possible to the event you won a prize for – that will make the sponsors happy! Big thanks go to all voters and to the event sponsors Sardinia 3×5 days (Italy), WOC 2019 Spectator races (Norway) , Antalya Orienteering Festival 2019 (Turkey), Scottish 6-Days Orienteering Strathearn 2019 (Scotland), Aguiar da Beira “O” Meeting 2019 (Portugal), Lipica Open (Slovenia), International 24-hour relay (Germany), Danish Spring 2019 (Denmark), Velidken Cup 2019 (Bulgaria), Bubo Cup 2019 (Slovenia), Portugal “O” Meeting 2019 (Portugal), Edinburgh University’s big weekend 2019 (Scotland), Wawel Cup 2019 (Poland), NAOM 2019 (Portugal).
Prizes for “Orienteering Course of the Year 2018″ will be published tomorrow.
Sponsors & Winners
Event sponsor: Sardinia October 2019 – 3x5days – week 40, 41 and 44 (Italy)
- Prize offered: Package for two persons consisting of entry fee and accommodation with formula bed and breakfast for week 41 in Sardinia (Italy). Value about 1.240 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Follow the Sun in Italy and make your summer longer! Park World Tour Italy is organizing the 8th edition of Five days Orienteering in October with 3 possibilities: week 40, 41 and 44. For 2019 we chose the beautiful Sardinia. We found a fantastic place, one hour driving from Cagliari airport. A wonderful beach is next to the event center. Read more on www.orienteering.it and www.facebook.com/pwtorienteering.
- Winner: Rotem Yasur
Event sponsor: WOC 2019. August 12 th – 17th 2019 (Norway)
- Prize offered: Package for two persons consisting of entry fee for all 6 WOC 2019 spectator races and hotel accommodation in one of the partner hotels of WOC 2019. Value: TBD. Transferable to other person.
- Description. Use this unique opportunity to watch the World’s best orienteers in the first ever forest World Orienteering Championships while enjoying orienteering in fantastic terrains. More information at https://woc2019.no/en/
- Winner: Alon Zorea
Event sponsor: 5th Antalya Orienteering Festival 2019 – October 27th– November 3rd (Turkey)
- Prize offered: One Big Antalya O-Meeting package consisting of 1 complete Antalya Orienteering Festival package: Accommodation + Entry for all 6 races for one person. Value about 540 Euro. Transferable to other person.
- Antalya Orienteering Festival will be held for the 3rd time in Side by the Mediterranean coast of Antalya, Turkey. We provide 6 different terrains and challenging courses, good maps and good weather for orienteering holiday. See more at www.antalyaofest.com
- Winner: Arturs Paulins
Event sponsor: Scottish 6-Days Orienteering, Strathearn 2019, 28 July-3 August (Scotland)
- Prize Offered: Entry fees for two adults for all six races plus free entry to Sprint Race. Additional free entry for two Juniors if required. Transferable to other persons from same country. Value 500 Euro.
- Description: Strathearn 2019 is the 22nd staging of this very popular multi-day event in Scotland. The organisers have applied for two World Ranking Events, Middle and Long Distance, and this would be great training just two weeks before WOC. Strathearn and Highland Perthshire offers a much wider range of terrain types than some previous Scottish 6 Days so will test all your orienteering skills. Website www.scottish6days.com/2019
- Winner: Alan Cherry
Event sponsor: Aguiar da Beira “O” Meeting 2019. January 25th– 27th 2019 (Portugal)
- Prize offered: Aguiar da Beira “O” Meeting 2019 Competition Package for 2 persons – including full entries to the event (Model Event, Sprint WRE, Long distance and Middle distance WRE), 5 night accommodation with breakfast and a 4-map package for each person to train around the event area. Value about 500 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Description: After the huge success of ABOM 2019, Aguiar da Beira will again be host the best world athletes to run on one of the best Portuguese terrains. Besides, we are the host County of Junior World Orienteering Championships 2021. If you were born in 2001 or later, ABOM 2019 is a great opportunity to start your preparations! High quality mapmaking and amazing terrains are waiting for you! More info about ABOM 2019 at: http://abom2019.ori-estarreja.pt. If you want to have a training camp in Aguiar da Beira, check out http://orientedforlife.o-portugal.pt. We would also like to present you the “Oriented For Life Podcast”, a English speaking Podcast about Orienteering.
- Winner: Maiki Maalberg
Event sponsor: Lipica Open 2019. March 9th – 13th 2019 (Slovenia)
- Prize offered: 2 packages – each for 2 people – consisting of: Entry to complete 5 Day Lipica Open competition + hard floor accommodation. Value about 320 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Lipica open: Popular season starter, with brand new area mapped for stage 5. Enjoy Slovenian karst terrain already in March. Kras region offers also excellent conditions for quality training camps. More at www.lipicaopen.com
- Mathias Peter
- Chloe Haberkorn
Event sponsor: 22. International Thuringian 24-Hour relay. May 31st – June 2nd 2019 (Germany)
- Prize offered: Two packages, each package consists of one 6-person team for the 24-Hour-Orienteering Relay (min age 15) and one 4-person team for the youth relay. Included in the 24-Hour Relay is also opening party, parking, camping and open-air swimming pool. Total value about 300 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Description. Be part of the world’s longest orienteering relay starting on Saturday June 1st 2019 at 9:00 AM and finishing on Sunday 2nd of June 2019 at 9:00 AM. The competition takes place in a typical German low mountain range in the middle of beautiful nature. More information here: https://www.24h-ol.de/en/
- Alexander Lubina
- Lutz Spranger
Event sponsor: Danish Spring, 29-31 March 2019 (Denmark)
- Prize offered: Package for 2 people consisting of free starts in all three competitions and 2 nights in Hostel Sankt Helene. Value about 280 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- More information: The international spring opening in Denmark | Junior and Youth competitions | Three World Ranking Events |Perfect preparation for JWOC 2019 in Denmark, WMOC 2019 in Latvia and WOC Sprint 2020 in Denmark | Cosy hostels, holiday homes, huts and hotels in the whole area. Ideal for your group’s or club’s spring training camp. Get it all at www.danishspring.dk
- Winner: Magí Llaveria Grau
Event sponsor: VELIKDEN CUP – 26.- 29. of April 2019 (Bulgaria)
- Prize offered: Package for two persons consisting of entry fee and accommodation with breakfast for Velikden Cup 2019 – 4 days of orienteering during Orthodox Easter in Targovishte, Bulgaria. Value about 270 EUR. Transferable to other person.
- Enjoy an orienteering holiday and explore the Bulgarian culture off the beaten tracks. Four races in continental terrain including a WRE event. Velikden is the biggest club orienteering event in Bulgaria with more than 20 years of history. It’s a tradition now that most of the Bulgarian orienteers spend Easter holidays in Targovishte. Besides the orienteering there are many places to visit and explore so you will not regret a trip to Bulgaria. Find out more at http://cup.variant5.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit also our facebook page at: com/velikdencup.
- Winner: Ömer Furkan Esen
Event sponsor: Bubo Cup 2019. July 17 th – 20th (Slovenia)
- Prize offered: 2 packages, each for 2 people consisting of entries for all 4 days of Bubo Cup 2019, Bubo Cup event T-shirt and training map for each. Value about 250 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- More information: 4 days of intricate and highly challenging karst terrain up on the Trnovo forest plateau. Possibility to camp right at the Finish area. There are only 3 days between ending date of Bubo cup and starting day of Oocup, which makes it feasible to combine both events. Read more at bubocup.com.
- Marte Narum
- Mate Spiegl
Event sponsor: POM 2019. March 1st – 5th 2019 (Portugal)
Prize offered: 2 packages – each one for 2 persons – consisting of full entry fees (model events, 4 forest stages, sprint relay, night sprint and Trail-O). Value about 250 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
Portugal O’ Meeting is already a well-known established international event, perfect for a season start. It’s common to see POM Super Elite winners on the podium of the following EOC and WOC. The 2019 Edition will be held in Figueira da Foz, the central coastline of Portugal. Terrains are typical Mediterranean forests on all stages. More info at www.pom.pt.
- Mikko Siren
- Ulrika Uotila
Event sponsor: Edinburgh University’s Big Weekend. January 25th – 27th 2019 (Scotland)
- Prize offered: Competition package for 4 people – including entry to 3 races, the ceilidh and race t-shirts. Value about 250 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Description: EUOC invite you to our Big Weekend 2019. This is your chance to orienteer in Scotland’s capital; one of the world’s most beautiful cities and host of the World Orienteering Championships 2022. The three races will test all your orienteering skills, featuring a Night race, a technical Urban and a Classic on an extinct volcano – and the Ceilidh provides a traditional Scottish social evening for all to enjoy! Race website: https://euoc.
- Winner: Kirsty Mc 93
Event sponsor: Wawel Cup 2019. July 10th – 14th 2019 (Poland)
- Prize offered: 2 packages – each for 2 people – consisting of entry to full Wawel Cup 38th edition (competition + additional indoor race + training maps) + accommodation on camping/hard-floor +! Wawel Cup T-shirt. Value about 250 euro. Transferable to other persons.
- Wawel Cup for WKS Wawel centennial! Wawel Cup 38. comprises the exciting indoor race, the possibility of seeing the capital city of Polish kings and beautiful surrounding nature! And foremost challenging terrains and orienteering… on the highest level. Together we will make it a real worldwide orienteering running feast! More info: http://wawelcup.pl/en/
- Lukas Hovorka
- Oleksandr Marchuk
Event sponsor: NAOM 2019. March 9th-10th 2019 / Orievents (Portugal)
- Prize offered: Competition + training package for 2 persons, consisting of: Entry for NAOM 2019 (09 March 2019 – Middle distance + Night Sprint ; 10 March – Middle Distance WRE) + training camp (2 trainings) + 2 days of accommodation in half board. Value about 250 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Orievents / GD4C’s Training Camps “Alto Alentejo” are an excellent training opportunity for Orienteering of good quality during the winter. Start the new season in training camps in Alto Alentejo, Portugal! More at www.naom.pt and about the training camp at Orievents.
- Winner: Rachel Engeler
Page linking to the poll
The webpage orient-murman.ru have the right to get a free “Sponsored Link” for a month at World of O for an orienteering related race/product/cause. Please contact Jan Kocbach at email@example.com for more information.