After a very flat map yesterday, I found some contours for you today! Can you guess which country this map is from? The WorldofO Christmas O-Quiz gives you one map sample each day from December 1st until December 24th. You get one point for each day you guess the correct country for the map sample – can you make it all the way to 24?
As many of you struggled with yesterday’s task (34 countries were suggested!) – I even had one complaining a tiny bit – I’ll give you two small hints today: It is not in Scandinavia. And a high level event has been held on the map. And I made it a bit easier by including the green areas at the west part of the map. Still thousands of maps to search through, though – but please no complaining with all those hints:)
Fill out your name, e-mail address and your guess for the country below! For a given day, only answers given between 05:00 CET and 23:59 CET on that day will be counted in the overall score. That means that even if you fill out the form on a later day, your answer will not be counted… You are only allowed to answer ONCE each day!
Correct answer yesterday: Latvia
I didn’t think Latvia would be that difficult – but hey, now you’ll know next time:) And if you want, you can run there in competition already this week. Here are some of the comments
- This Saturday you can run course in this map. See here [Thanks for the tip, mode – and of course you guessed the answer:)]
- The Riga Cup will take place very near here on 20-21 April 2013. Everyone can test their compass skills then (and get some WRE points, too). [Thanks for the tip, Kristaps]
- I can’t remember where i already saw that kind of terrain with yellow corridors… Israel, Ukraine… ? Anyway congrats for all your job here around Jan, you crazy guy, go and get some sleep :) [Israel was not the right answer, tam:)]
- Looks a bit like the terrain of Juniper Open. [Guess: Hungary – sorry wrong answer, Eva]
- OK, that one definitely isn’t Austria. Kind of reminds me of a few nightmares on Canterbury sand-dune maps, but you’ve already had NZ and none of those forests are that wide… time for another educated guess!! [Sorry Nic – but it wasn’t Netherlands]
- Hah it’s nice to see the map only 6km from my home :)
- Been there, done that… Actually Morten and me took a taxi from the hotell in Riga all the way to the southern edge of the forest near Jurmala. Nice pine forest.
- Have had a lots of fun there. [Good to hear, Dace]
- Crazy detailed maps near Riga. It is possible to find about 10 non-ISOM symbols from some maps [Guess: Latvia – correct, Marek]
- May be map makers forgot some contours ? [Guess: Hungary. Sorry, wrong answer, Petya]
- Huh! It took me almost all the day while I’ve finally remembered where I sow this map and where it comes from! Let’s say hi to the one of nominees for achievement of the year (and I really believe one of the favorites) – Edgars Bertuks! :) [Congrats, Vladyslav – it payed off to search all day:)]
- This was very tricky! [But you managed, Lekuu:) Guess: Latvia]
- It’s so flat… It must be near an airport!! [Latvia was correct, Brunic]
- Looks like dutch terrain [Guess: Netherland. Wrong answer, Toon. I thought you should have known better ….]
… and remember to bring your compass…
As I told you above, not all of you hit the jackpot on Day 5 – here is the overview over tips: