The Junior World Orienteering Championships in Rauland, Norway starts Sunday with Sprint and continues with Middle distance on Monday (Qual) and Tuesday (Final). After a rest day the championships continues with Long distance on Thursday and Relay on Friday.
Read on to find all important details about the championships. If some details are missing, please add a comment below to help the readers of World of O.
Almost 300 athletes from 37 nations will be competing – at altitudes between 700 and 1100 m, nearly touching the last snow from the winter. The event centre is in Rauland, south-west of Rjukan. The area is characterised by pine and birch forest with many large and small marshes and varied contour detail.
- Sunday 5/7 11:00-14:30 CET: Sprint
- Monday 6/7 11:30-14:30 CET: Middle Qual
- Tuesday 7/7 12:00-15:30 CET: Middle Final
- Thursday 9/7 09:00-16:00 CET: Long
- Friday 10/7 09:00-11:00 CET: Relay Men. 10:20-12:15 CET: Relay Women
There is no qualification for Sprint and Long.
Live services and Links
- There will be live GPS-tracking, live results, live speaker sound and (hopefully) live Web-TV from all races at liveresultater.no (limited service for the middle qualification)
- World of O will cover the race at the WorldofO Live Twitter account and the World of O Twitter account
- The JWOC 2015 webpage provides background info, startlists and official results
- Bulletin 4 with all updated info for the races will be available at the JWOC 2015 Bulletin-page Friday 7/3
- Old maps from the area (see also bottom of this page)