[LIVE from Monday July 9th 10:00 CET] The Junior World Orienteering Championships 2018 (#JWOC2018) starts with Long on Monday July 9th, continues with Sprint on Tuesday, Middle Qual on Thursday, Middle Final on Friday and Relay on Sunday.
The championship is organized around Kecskemét, Hungary – and will offer GPS-tracking, online internet results and live speaker/audio at all events. The start of live internet service for each day (for individual competitions this is the closing time of the quarantine): Long Distance: 10:00 (first start at 09:00); Sprint: 14:15; Middle Distance Qualification: 10:00; Middle Distance Final: 10:30; Relay: 12:00. All times are CET.
The terrain can also be described as intriguing and tricky – and the maps look very colorful and interesting.
The terrain can be described as very diverse and detailed terrain, some areas with very detailed contours and/or vegetation details. The terrain can also be described as intriguing and tricky – and the maps look very colorful and interesting. Runnability and visibility is very good in the white and open areas – more limited in the green areas. Above you see part of the old map for the embargoed area for the middle distance. Old maps of the embargoed areas are included further down in the preview article.
Useful links & Live services
- JWOC 2018 webpage (including live page)
- Bulletin 4 (all event info)
- JWOC 2018 in Eventor – startlists, results etc. should be available here – including e.g. start list Long, Sprint, Middle Qualification, Middle Final, Relay
JWOC 2018 program
All times are given in CET:
- Monday July 9th – Long; from 09:00 until 16:00
- Tuesday July 10th – Sprint; from 14:00 until 17:30
- Thursday July 12th – Middle Qual; from 10:00 until 13:30
- Friday July 13th – Middle Final; A-finals from 11:30 until 14:30
- Saturday July 14th – Relay; from 12:00 – 15:15
JWOC 2018 Old Maps and Race Details
No old map is available for the sprint. The sprint is held in the downtown of Kecskemét. The area contains both narrow back-alleys and spacious rugged parks. 85% hard surface and 15% grass.