10MILA countdown: Two days left until one of the main highlights of the spring season for an orienteer: 10MILA. World of O will of course follow 10Mila all night on the LiveBlog – I hope to see many of you there!
Countless hours of 10Mila 2011 Web TV with GPS tracking (will set you back 90 SEK = about 10 Euros) is offered. There is also free audio available (speaker sound) and live results available. Start is at 14:30 CET Saturday April 30th for the women and 21:30 CET Saturday 30th for the men.
As always in 10Mila, the women run 5 legs and the men run 10 legs. The women run from 4.7 km (third leg, ungaffled) to 9.5 legs (last leg). All legs except for the third leg are gaffled. The men run from 7.2 km (7th leg, ungaffled) to 16.5 km (last leg, gaffled and 4th leg, ungaffled). All legs except for the 4th leg (“Långa natten” – the long night) and the 7th leg are ungaffled. The 5 first leg are run in darkness – the 6th and 7th in dawn, and the three last legs in daylight.
New! The 10Mila Tip 2011!
Who will be the top teams in 10Mila 2011? Submit your tip for the results in 10Mila 2011 here! Requested are tips for the Top 5 men and women teams, and intermediate results after the 1st leg and “Långa natten”.
Can Kalevan Rasti repeat their 2010 win in the mens class? In 2010 the margin down to Kristiansand OK was more than 6 minutes. Can Anton Sjökvist of Stora Tuna win the first leg again? Can IFK Lidingö take another win in the womens class? And is Ulricehamn ready for another first leg victory?
- Set up your 10Mila 2011 Tip here. See the team composition of some of the top teams at the bottom of this article.
- Results 2010 (men) and women 2010
Leg lengths & key relay information
10Mila Tip 2011 preview material
More 10Mila 2011 preview material:
- 10Mila 2011 Webpage
- 10Mila 2011 LiveBlog
- 10Mila 2011 Web TV (will set you back 90 SEK = about 10 Euros). There is also free audio available (speaker sound)
- Mobile phone Apps (Android and iPhone) are made to give you the latest results for your team
- Live Results will be available at resultat.10mila.se
- There is GPS tracking for leg number 3, 4 and 5 for the women and leg number 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10 for the men. For legs 2 and 3 teams with start number up to 25 will wear GPS tracking equipment. For later legs, the 25 best teams two legs earlier will carry GPS tracking equipment.
- Live GPS tracking will probably (as usually) only be available via Web TV (and not in GPSSeuranta) during the event – full tracking is usually made public after the event
- All the latest competition information
- Old map 10Mila 2011
- Replay of LiveBlog 2010 and LiveBlog 2009. From the 2010 edition; Thierry Gueorgiou: – It feels good. We have been so frustrated so many years. Now it feels really good. There is no better feeling than running in front. It just felt like an easy training on a sunday morning. This year we were very well prepared. It is one of the last goals of my career. So now it is only left the long distance at the WOC.
- Replay of GPS tracking 10Mila 2010
Poll: Who wins 10Mila 2011 (mens class)
If you don’t feel like setting up a full tip, you can quickly tip the winner in the mens relay in the poll below:
Team composition for some of the top teams
Not all teams have published their 10MILA 2010 team yet – but here is the team composition of some of the top teams in the mens class (note – these team compositions may change – see also startlist men and startlist women):
|1||Kalevan Rasti 1|
|2||Kristiansand OK 1|
|10||OK Hällen 1|
|14||Malungs OK Skogsmårdarna 1|
|15||Vaajakosken Terä 1|
10Mila 2011 LiveBlog
Here you get the 10Mila LiveBlog. You’ll get polls during the race, expert commentary, help with your technical problems, and all you need to be on top on what is happening in the Swedish forest. The most fun way to experience 10Mila if you can’t run yourself!
If you are interested in being part of the LiveBlog team for a few hours (or all of the night) – moderating comments, uploading pictures and getting your comments published directly on the LiveBlog, please send an email to email@example.com saying a few words about yourself. It is a long night – so it is good to be a good team!
Use the hash-tags #10mila and #tiomila to get your Tweets directly into the LiveBlog.
Where is Holger Hott, KOKs former world champion?!