Thierry Gueorgiou, Daniel Hubmann, Olli-Markus Taivainen, Peter Öberg, Fabian Hertner, Simone Niggli, Helena Jansson, Ida Bobach, Marianne Andersen and Linnea Gustafsson. These are the 10 runners who have been nominated for The Orienteering Achievement of 2009 – a poll organized by two of the major sources for international orienteering news on the Internet – World of O and Ultimate Orienteering.
Who did the greatest achievements of 2009? Read their stories – and vote here:
10 great prizes from our sponsors are drawn among all voting. A person can only vote once in each of the categories (if several people share one internet connection, only one can vote, as the IP address is used to identify the voter along with the email-address of the voter).
Spread the news
Help making the poll as representative for the international orienteering community as possible! Spread the news about the poll, by publishing an article about the election on your website, and encourage people participating. Please use this link:
Of all websites with on average more than 50 visitors/day who link to the poll after it has been opened for voting, five websites will be drawn who will get a free “Sponsored Link” at either World of O or Ultimate Orienteering. Websites with on average more than 200 visitors/day will count triple when linking to the poll. Send an email to Jan@Kocbach.net with the sites address if you want to be part of this draw for free sponsored links. Sponsored links may be to any orienteering related page or product – must not necessarily be the website drawn. All sites linking to the poll will be listed at the poll page.
These images may be used when writing about the poll:
Main Sponsor: Trimtex
Trimtex Sport, based in Norway, is one of the main producers of orienteering sportswear. Since its foundation in 1976 with base in the orienteering market, Trimtex Sport has been producing sportswear with focus on unique colours and designs, for clubs and corporations. Today, Trimtex Sport is the proud maker of outstanding sportswear, which is carefully designed from top to bottom to fit the customer’s needs and specifications.
Trimtex Sport is, like last year, the main sponsor or The Orienteering Achievement 2009 election and they are generous to give the following prizes:
- Each of the two winners of the poll get the brand new Trimtex Softshell Air jacket
- Among the Lucky voters 4 Trimtex Extreme o-pants will be drawn
- Among the people suggesting/discussing nominees 1 Trimtex Extreme o-pant will be drawn (it is still possible to suggest/discuss why you want your favourite to be nominated here)
- See Trimtex webpage for more information about Trimtex
Event sponsor: Nordvestgaloppen
Nordvestgaloppen is a popular event in Western Norway. The event is known for its mix of interesting orienteering with wonderful nature between fjords and mountains. Nordvestgaloppen 2010 is organized from July 14th until July 18th – this year it can provide a good stop ahead of WOC 2010 in Trondheim for many of the competitors.
- Among the Lucky voters, 2 transferable starts for the complete Nordvestgaloppen 2010 will be drawn.
- See Nordvestgaloppen webpage for more information about the event
Event sponsor: Highlands Open
Highlands Open is a popular event in Northern Italy. The terrain is know to be very varied – from detailed with rocky features to really fast with open forest, some karstic areas, and some full of trenches of the 1° World War. Highlands Open 2010 is organized from August 22nd until August 29th.
- Among the Lucky voters, 2 transferable starts for the complete Highlands Open 2010 will be drawn.
- See Highlands Open webpage for more information about the event
Event sponsor: OOcup
OOCup is a popular Slovenian event which is famous for its interesting karst orienteering and great nature. OOCup 2010 is organized from July 24th until July 28th.
- Among the Lucky voters, 2 transferable starts for the complete OOCup 2010 will be drawn.
- See OOCup webpage for more information about the event