Did you check out all the great courses nominated for “Course of the Year 2018″? Tonight is the last chance to vote – below are the courses which are in the Top 10 so far, arbitrary sorted.
Still not devlivered your vote? Do so here:
Below you find Top 10 in “Course of the Year 2018″ as of December 2nd in randomized order. Voting is open until Monday December 3rd.
Top 10 as of December 2nd – randomized order
Overall Top 10: III Meeting Orientação Dão Lafões 2018 – Long Distance
Overall Top 10: JWOC middle distance Men 2018
Overall Top 10: III Meeting de Orientacao Dao Lafoes
Overall Top 10: World Cup final Czech Republic Middle 2018
Overall Top 10: OOCup 2018 Stage 4: M21E
Overall Top 10: Norwegian Champs Ultralong 2018 – H21
Overall Top 10: EOC Long 2018: M21E
Overall Top 10: O-Ringen 2018 Stage 4
Overall Top 10: Swedish champs Long 2018
Overall Top 10: World Cup Long Norway 2018 – M21E
Voting closes Monday December 3rd
When voting you will notice that it is not easy to set up a “Top 5 List”, as none of the courses are perfect and there are a lot of courses to choose from! Still – do your best, and help the courses and course-setters you think deserve it towards the top! Please take a look at our sponsor prizes below – with a total value of more than 6000 Euro – before voting – as you can choose which one you’d want to win when voting.
- Vote for “The Course of the Year 2018″ here
- See all the nominated maps here (or as a slideshow)
- Intro article: Submit your suggestions to “Course of the Year 2018″
- Interview Isia Basset
- Interview Ruslan Glebov
- Interview Marika Teini
- Interview Milos Nykodym
- Interview Kamilla Olaussen
- Interview Tim Robertson
- Article: Last chance to add suggestion
The following rules are given for “The course of the Year 2018″.
- The course must have been run in competition or training in 2018 (an exeption for courses in December 2017 as they were not covered in last year’s contest)
- Suggestions are submitted as a comment to this post – including link to the map with course in a quality which is good enough for the readers to understand the course and the challenges involved. Please add information about location/date if that is not clear from the link provided. Also include which sponsor prize you are interested in if you win (please do check out the sponsor prizes and choose one, it is much nicer to win something you really want!).
- You must give a reason for why you think this course deserves to be named “The course of the Year 2018″ (or why it is the best course you run/set this year). All reasons are valid. Examples can for example be “varied orienteering challenges”, “extremely technical orienteering”, “high fun-factor”, “fantastic map”, “spectacular orienteering”, “fantastic nature” – a combination of these – or a totally different reason. To get all the way to the top you should probably have a combination of reasons…
- The course may be any foot-orienteering discipline – e.g. a long distance, a middle distance, a sprint distance. It may also be a technical training course – like e.g. a corridor orienteering exercise.
- There will be a voting process among the readers of “World of O” in order to name “The course of the year 2018″. This is your second chance to win sponsor prizes!
Prizes from our Sponsors
Prizes from our Sponsors always makes it more fun! There will be a prize for the first one suggesting the course which ends up becoming “The course of the Year 2018″, and prizes drawn among the ones suggesting and voting. All prizes are transferable to other persons (you don’t have to travel yourself).
Event sponsor: WMOC 2019 Public Race. July 4th – 12th (Latvia)
- Prize offered: Competition + accommodation package for 2 persons including: 5 races (two sprints in Riga, 3 forest races), accommodation 8 nights with breakfast in twin/double room, 4-12 July 2019 . Total prize value: EUR 820.
- Watch the world’s best master runners in action and find out how good you are in the same terrains! Be equally prepared for a maze of narrow streets in Riga and a fast run in a perfect dune forest. Watch out – it may be 8 nights! And, certainly, enjoy the sun and beach immediately after your run! Read more: www.wmoc.2019.lv
Event sponsor: 52nd Kainuu Orienteering Week (KOW), June 30th – July 5th 2019 (Finland)
- Prize offered: 4 packages, each consisting of 2 free participations for the whole week in any class (competition classes or open courses) at Kainuu Orienteering Week 2019. Total value up to 800 EUR. Transferable to other persons.
- Open and International Orienteering Week in Finland, Sotkamo, Tipasoja (WOC2013 terrain)
- More information: Kainuu Orienteering Week is the Finlands’s biggest orienteering week and the world´s second oldest orienteering week, as it has been held annually since the year 1966. Kainuu O-Week is held in the Kainuu region of Finland and traditionally the event is held in the beginning of July the week 27. In 2019 Kainuu Orienteering Week will go back to perfect pine forrest and moor terrains of the WOC2013 events. Come to enjoy the orienteering and holiday week for the whole family in the great sceneries and terrains and pure and beautiful nature of Kainuu region in Finland. First entry period will be closed on 30th of november 2018. For more information see www.rastiviikko.fi.
Event sponsor: Murcia O-Festival. February 16th – 24th
- Prize offered: Competition and Training Package – including entry to Lorca-O-Meeting and Costa Calida WRE (6 events in total), 9 nights accommodation in Apartamentos Aixa, and a 8-map package to train on diverse terrains between the 2 events. Value about 680 Euro. Transferable to other persons.
- 9 days of fun trainings and high level competitions in surprising Murcia! More info at https://sun-o.com/en/camp/murcia-o-festival/